Mehandipur Balaji Mandir located in the Indian state of Rajasthan is a mandir dedicated to the Hindu God Hanuman. The name Balaji is applied to Sri Hanuman in several parts of India because the childhood (Bala in Hindi or Sanskrit) form of the Lord is especially celebrated there.
Sri Mehandipur Balaji Temple is situated in Dausa,Rajasthan.
According to legend, the present-day forms of the "Divine Trinity" found in the Mehandipur Dham appeared around one thousand years ago in a valley amidst the hills of the Aravali Range. Shri Ganesh Puri ji Maharaj, who was the 11th Mahant of this pilgrimage center used to say that this area was covered by a thick and dense forest, full of wild animals, once upon a time. One of the ancestors of Shri Mahantji had dreams in which Sri Balaji Maharaj had indicated three divine deities and a magnificent temple. He had also heard a divine voice ordering him to get up and be prepared for Sri Balaji Hanuman's duty. He was unable to see any one initially but after years of "Sadhna", Lord Sri Balaji finally appeared and showed him the place in the forest where the temple and the three Divine Forms were found.
That ancestor of Shri Mahantji started "puja" and "arti" regularly at the sacred spot in the forest. In the early days of the religious activities of the first "Mahant", some miscreants tried to dig out the deity but they could not reach the bottom of the statue as it is a part of the hill surrounding the temple compound. There is a small pot at the feet of the "Presiding Deity" and the water in this pot never dries up due to continuous flow of "Blessed Holy Jal" from the left side of the chest of Lord Shri Balaji Hanuman. The "Divine Trinity" in the Mehandipur Dham comprises Pawanputra Sri Balaji Hanuman, Sri Bhairava Baba and "Swayam-Bhu" Sri Pret-Raj Sarkar.
It is believed that the deity in this temple has divine power to cure a person possessed with evil spirit. Hundreds of 'Sankatwalas', (as the possessed people are refereed to in local lingo), throng to the temple everyday to offer prayers and have 'darshan'. The temple has also become a home and the last respite for the victims.The 'Mahant' of the temple, Shri Kishor Puri Ji, prescribes the treatment. It can include reading holy texts, following a strict vegetarian and simple diet, and even afflicts physical pain to one's body. One can witness people going through various physical therapies like keeping heavy stones on their body , on arms, legs and chest , to ease their pain. There are others who inhale the smoke that fumes out of the sweet Patasa's kept on smoldering cowpats. The ones with serious case of spirit possession, who tends to get violent, are even shackled in chains within the temple premises. This may appear a bit anachronistic at the first glance, but thousands of people are believed to have been cured in this way. Festival time (Holi, Hanuman Jayanti and Dusshera etc) are regarded as the most auspicious time to emancipate from the evil spirit Medical science may discard such approach to the ailment as self-deceptions based on blind faith, but for the believers, the power of Balaji is something supernatural, something beyond metaphysics.
Times : 6:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
How to reach?
By Air - The nearest airport is Sanganer, Jaipur (113 kms)
By Rail - The Nearest Railway station is Bandikui (40 kms)
By Road - Mehandipur Balaji is well connected to All major cities of North India .There is very frequent service of buses on Agra Jaipur highway. The journey can be performed by car from delhi either via Alwar-Mahwa or mathura-Bharatpur-mahwa.
Stay options -- NA (Coming Soon)
Things to be taken care
• The disciples and Sankawalasare advised to contact Enquiry office for information required.
• During the festive season & Mela please maintain discipline, wait patiently and coordinate with trust authorities.
• Please Treat Sankatwalas humbly.
• Bath, bear fresh clothes, be in queue & chant Jai shri Balaji-2 while for Darshan.
• Leave the children at home/dharmshala/hotel as they may urinate etc in temple area and make place untidy. Lying/playing is not allowed in temple premises.
• The people are not allowed to enter in Girbh Grigh area of temple. Offerings/prasadam should be handed over to Pujariji.
• For offerings 'sawamani', 'Bhandara', 'Bhramin Bhojan', 'Hawan', 'chola to Deity' , etc please contact Trust office in temple premises.
• Spiritual water after Arti of Lord Shri Balaji shall be obtained with discipline and calm.
• Taking photograph of deities and Sankatwalas is prohibited.
• Disciples are intimated that entry in inhabited state or after smoking is totally banned.
• If any person faces harassment from any employee or self worker of trust, Please lodge a complaint in office of Sri Balaji trust.
• Insane and evil spirited person are cured by blessings of lord Shri Balaji. The attendant must take the help of representative of trust for cure/relief of sankat. The disciples are advised not to contact Sadhus, Sanyasies and fakirs etc for this purpose.
• Ladies, insane and evil spirited person must be accompanied by an attendant.
• No trusty/self worker is supposed to take any favors from the devotees.
• • Carry minimum cash and jewelry .Keep your precious belongings like Mobile phones, Gold jewellery at hotel room itself while going for Darshanas.
Vivek Vihar Colony, Pilot Nagar, Chak Dausa Rural, Dausa,
Phone: NA (Coming Soon)
Email: NA (Coming Soon)
Online Darshan –
NA (Coming Soon)